The countdown is on for this year's MDM & DG Summit in NYC. This 'can't miss' event focuses on the world of Master Data Management from both a technical and a business outcome perspective. If you are looking for a valuable, educational experience that allows you to come away with actionable takeaways, then make sure to register for this event ASAP.
We are excited to announce that we are sponsoring the entire Data Governance track this year. As a long-time attendee, we know the value of this show first hand and are happy to endorse it with one of the most prominent sponsorships.
Key Information About The MDM DG Summit 2014:
When: October 5 -7, 2014
Where: Sheraton Times Square, New York City
Schedule at a Glance:
- Pre-Conference Workshops - October 5th at 12:00 PM
- Conference day one begins - October 6th at 8:00 AM
- Three tracks (CDI, PIM & RDM, Data Governance) begin: October 6th at 12:45 PM
- Networking Reception & Award Ceremony - October 6th at 5:00 PM
- Conference day two begins - October 7th at 8:15 AM
- Conference day two ends - October 7th at 3:15 PM
- View the full agenda on the conference website here
Connect With DATUM:
"Operational Data Governance"
VP, Data Solutions & Sales
October 6, 1:15 - 2:00
An enterprise Data Governance strategy is a futile exercise unless it is operationalized—or to be more direct “strategy is useless without execution.” In this track kickoff session, hear a first-hand account from a market leading manufacturer / CPG organization who applied a process-centric approach in establishing their Operating Model for Data Governance. This presentation will focus on best practices and economic arguments for building a business case for data—which has an impact on business process improvement and analytical integrity. Historically, the sustainment of Data Governance has been very challenging. Through alignment with business process owners, data policies and processes can be consistently enforced to help an enterprise make the leap from a single-project success to a successful program aligned to continuous improvement." By sharing lessons learned from the essential Data Governance tenant of “rules before tools,” this session will cover the following topics:
- Codifying Data Governance as relevant set of practices that bring participation with a degree of ownership from the business
- Establishing business rules and standards to support consistency in data quality
- Measuring and sustaining the operating model for the long haul
Live Tweets: Follow @datumstrategy for live tweets. Official conference hashtag: #MDMDG
Booth: Visit us in Booth #1